About the job
You will be one of two Search Consultants and will be supported by a Researcher. You will provide hands-on search expertise for all our senior and challenging recruitment campaigns. You will be responsible for delivering search campaigns to a high professional quality and, to time. Your ability to apply your experience of successfully delivering search campaigns will be vitally important.
You will be part of this centralised expert service that works across the whole of Government where you will be able to apply your specialist headhunting experience to a portfolio of customers. Your work will vary daily, providing an opportunity to demonstrate flexibility and collaboration skills as the team flex between dealing with a range of campaigns where we are searching for professionals in scarce or hard to recruit markets or locations.
You will be expected to be involved in a wide variety of activities including (but not limited to):
Working closely with the Senior Search Consultant to develop and deliver search campaign;
- Provide joint oversight of the work of a researcher
- You will work closely with the Campaign Management Team to ensure we deliver to the highest standards of quality and excellent customer service;
- Holding in-depth briefing meetings with senior customers, ensuring accurate notes are taken to deliver successful outcomes;
- Overseeing the desk-based research undertaken following briefing meetings with vacancy holders;
- Building good working relationships both internally across GRS and externally across the Civil Service;
- Responsibility for a number of associated system improvement projects (for example developing our work on near-miss candidates or the work with Heads of Professions across Government.
- Ensuring we deliver recruitment activities that are consistent with employment law and relevant policies and procedures, including the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles;
- Using strong oral and written communication skills daily along with excellent presentation skills, initiative, showing self-motivation and an ability to develop working relationships with external and internal prospects at pace and with ease;
- Producing good quality pre-sifting of applications, offering feedback and insight where applicable for our customers and to candidates;
- Produce timely insight, analysis and updates during the campaign and post-campaign reports, understanding the way in which we can use this data to create positive impact across our services;
- Committed to the “one team” ethos to support colleagues across the In-House Direct Sourcing and Campaign Management;
- Demonstrating the ability to work independently and at pace but knowing when to escalate.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who can play a pivotal role as an active member of this new team and to ensure we make an immediate impact to the outcome of some of the hardest to fill roles. You will be a team player who works collaboratively, communicates with ease and brings out the best from their colleagues.
In order to be successfully shortlisted and invited to the next stage, candidates must be able to clearly demonstrate in their application, evidence of the following Essential Criteria:
- experience of direct head-hunting/executive search for senior appointments or experience of desk–based research to support executive search activities within a comparable organisation in terms of size and complexity; (Technical - Lead Criteria)
- the ability to, and evidence of, operating in a fast-paced operational environment (Delivering at Pace)
- being comfortable with and competent at engaging with Senior Leaders and candidates, and in representing the Civil Service (or comparable organisation) in a professional and confident manner, that aligns with the calibre of candidates being approached (Communicating and Influencing)
- being an enthusiastic and collaborative team player that is flexible, adaptable and willing to support colleagues, given the small team (Working Together)
- being an organised and focussed self-starter, with excellent attention to detail (Managing a Quality Service)
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Assessments, Candidate Experience, Executive Search, Onboarding, Recruitment Advertising, Talent Pooling