Recruitment Assistants – permanent and 6 mth FTC
Salary ££24,125 per annum
Location St Helens/Liverpool/hybrid
Have you got a background in administration but you're also passionate about customer service and love to help. We are an ambitious and well-established housing group and want people to join our People Services team to help make a difference to our local communities. If you’re looking for a new full time career opportunity in recruitment or looking for a short term contract where you can feel you add real value. Then we want to hear from you!
What Can Torus Offer You?
We offer a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you room to grow your skills – along with a package of benefits that shows how much we value your contribution and care about your wellbeing, such as:
· Annual Leave up to 25 days, plus Bank Holidays with option to buy additional leave
· Chance to earn further qualifications to enhance your career with Professional Study / Development Opportunities
· Maternity / Paternity & Adoption Pay
· Aviva Pension and Life Assurance
· Car Lease Scheme – huge discounts salary sacrifice and includes free servicing, tyres and insurance for up to 4 people
· Company People First health & wellbeing support & discounts on a wide range of stores, supermarkets, online services, travel etc with our Smart Spend app
· Happy to Talk Flexible / Agile Working (job role permitting)
· Internal Reward and Recognition
· Financial Wellbeing with our Wagestream function when you need to access your money when you need it
· Cycle to Work Scheme
This is a vital role in which you will:
· Be responsible for assisting the People Services team with recruitment administration throughout the recruitment process in order that a robust and thorough audit trail is maintained.
· Help complete all candidate pre-employment checks, including creation of and maintenance of records, ensuring compliance with UK eligibility to work requirements.
· Be an essential point of contact in the People Services team for new employees including completing first day inductions, and ensuring that the required documentation is collated, including the request of DBS checks and monitoring the progress of these where appropriate.
· Help support the provision of a tailored recruitment service working with the People Services team and managers to coordinate and deliver recruitment campaigns, including candidate communications.
· To assist managers and leaders in planning the first two-week induction for new starters.
· To provide a positive candidate experience whilst working in conjunction with People Services processes and systems.
· Be based in our Liverpool offices and home but able to travel to other offices when required
About Torus Group
We employ more than 1,500 people in a wide variety of jobs across Liverpool City Region and in the wider North West. We don’t just build homes. Our mission is to create stronger communities so people can thrive. If you‘re passionate about people and want to make a difference, there are many opportunities to join us.
A growth and regeneration group with a strong social purpose, Torus works in partnership with Liverpool City Region and the North West to improve lives and create thriving, vibrant communities through support, investment, development and regeneration.
We own and manage around 40,000 homes in Warrington, St Helens, Liverpool and beyond, making Torus the region’s largest affordable housing provider.
Profits generated by group members Torus Developments and HMS are reinvested into our charitable arm Torus Foundation, a community anchor institution, to fund projects that build social capital and fulfil our mission of ‘growing stronger communities’.
Great Torus people share qualities we value highly. They are problem-solvers, able to work well within our team. They are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing at all times, and they always look for ways to do things better, focused on making sure we achieve our aims. If you can share our way of working, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Torus are an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. The Torus “A place where everyone belongs” approach sums up our belief that everyone has the right to be who they are, and to be that person at work, in line with Torus’ Values. We appreciate the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. Diversity contributes to our inclusive culture and allows us to be truly representative of the communities we work in.
Each successful applicant will be required to complete the following pre-employment checks prior to a start date being agreed;
· Right to work verification
· Qualification certificate check
· 2x Completed references
· OH Health Questionnaire – Fit For Work
· DBS check (if required for role)
· Completion of all new starter documentation including signed T&C’s