Come join us at Lancashire County Council and see what we have to offer…
💝Are you looking for somewhere that you can build a successful career?
💛 Maybe you're interested in part-time/casual roles that may also support your studies?
💚 Do you want to make a difference to our society & those fabulous communities that we're all part of?
💙 Did you know that inclusivity is in our DNA; from the brilliant people & teams we employ through to the range of roles that we offer from Biodiversity Managers to Project Managers to cutting edge Design Engineers, Social Workers, Teachers & more
We're the UK's 4th largest County Council supporting 1.52m people & employing over 37,000 team members countywide. We love what we do & have fun doing it, especially in the unique settings we have, so stunning coast lines, vibrant cities, beautiful leafy market towns & some great places to eat, drink, visit & enjoy.
Our size and scale works in a variety of ways; we have some amazing opportunities to develop your career here and we'll invest in personal/professional qualifications to help guide you there. Our size also means that our teams have the ability to be promoted internally or move across teams so they can develop their skills and knowledge in variety of areas and potentially progress in a totally different area to the one they studied. It also means that we have access to significant amounts of funding so we can deliver cutting edge innovation, technology and developments that support how we deliver our services.
The final great thing is that although we're huge; because we have so many teams that work in districts, on programmes, or in cross-functional teams; it doesn't feel like we're that large – it feels supported, nurtured and a little like family, including all the challenges it entails, but definitely like home.
Reason to join us:
· Excellent training & support including internal academies, supervision, mentoring & peer support plus personal & professional qualifications
· Up to 32 days leave, 10 additional statutory days & an Additional Leave Purchase Scheme for a further 20 days p.a. – so with banked leave you can get up to 72 days (14 weeks) of time for yourself or your family
· We're passionate about work-life balance so supportive of flexible working & working flexibly so you can maximise other downtime too
· Physical & Mental Wellbeing – with a new Employee Assistance Programme available for you & your family, gym discounts, & well-being packages available then you'll see you're our number one priority
· Support groups & forums – we have popular peer to peer support groups for MABE, LGBTQI+ and Disability so you can be your most authentic self all day, every day
· Benefits package – we have a whole range of discounts & benefits from dog care to day care to days out or in, log cabins by Snowdon or holidays abroad, pampering and fitness for your mind, body & soul, long service awards, Medicash, support groups, public service pensions, cycle to work schemes and eye tests plus many more
· Pension – finally, we also have a great pension available (circa 16%) with shared AVC's so whatever you top up then we'll do the same
Come find out more at https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/jobs/